24/7 Garage Door Opener Maintenance Service - Austin, TX
Almost all homes, and many workplaces, have garage doors. In most of the houses in Austin, these garage doors are main entry gate. As a matter of fact, there are routine measures and maintenance must be taken to ensure that the door and all the parts of the garage door openers are working properly. This can be done monthly or according to maintenance schedule. In case you do not have an owner's manual, you may prefer to look for the model number and then request the owner's manual from the manufacturers. The first step of maintenance of a garage door opener starts with a complete inspection of your garage door system. Residents of Austin may avail door opener related services from Austin Home Garage Doors. This is very important for your garage door to ensure that the device is in very good condition.
What is the checklist?
If you have a garage door, you should make frequent inspection to all the parts including garage door opener installed in your garage door, so that your garage doors remain in good condition. Since, safety is everyone's business, you should pay attention to maintenance of garage door opener on a priority basis in your home. Our maintenance services include reversal test, force testing, additional testing devices, a visual inspection of springs rollers, tracks and cables, lubrication, and door balance of your garage doors. Once you follow this checklist, your garage door should be free from any problems. Austin Home Garage Doors may carry out all the garage door repair tests for you.
- Reversal test: We inspect to ensure that your garage doors reversing feature working properly. In case any fault has been detected in your garage door's reversing feature, the best thing to do is to replace it. All garage doors, especially those that were manufactured after 1993, are required by the law to have a reversing feature. This should have been done before by installation services in Austin. If you have a reverse feature it will prevent accidents and save your children, pets, and car from getting damaged. The first step of garage door maintenance, starts with testing the balance of your garage door.
- If we find that the door is properly balanced then you garage door is in working condition. If we find that the door become heavy we may recommend you the some suitable, and cost effective solutions.
- If the door does not reverse, you may repair or replace it.
- While the door is fully open, we place a 1 inch piece of wood on the floor at the center of the door.
- You should then put a transmitter on the door to close the door. If the door strikes the wood, it should be able to reverse.
Additional safety measures we include:
Many modern garage doors are fitted with additional safety measures. However, you may add a photo eye or an edge sensor as a safety measure. This will help prevent against entrapment and accidents and save children, pets and the car from getting damaged. While doing this, you should keep in mind that having these additional features can't make your old opener as efficient as the new one. You should always maintain the additional photo eye and edge sensors and ensure all these parts are working properly. You should also regularly lubricate the door. However, you should avoid lubricating the plastic parts.
Door balance: Once in a while, it is important to check and go for doors maintenance servicing program. Balance of the garage door opener is important and you should hire an expert to do this job. Alternatively, in case you have a garage door opener, you should use the release mechanism so that you are able to open the door by hand while doing the test. Finally, you should be able to lift the door smoothly, without any problems. The door should stay open about 3 to 4 feet above the ground. If this does not occur, then it means that it is not balanced, hence you should have it adjusted by an expert who is qualified. We do all this during the garage door opener maintenance programs that we carry out in Austin.
Along with maintaining garage door opener services, some of the other services offered by Austin Home Garage Doors include the sale and repair of models, making of garage door openers maintenance, garage door installations, financing of new door opener and repairs, replacement of rollers, fixing hinges, providing tune ups, and re-balancing the doors, amongst others.